As parents, we want to be the best parents we can be! So, it’s likely at some stage during raising our amazing children to have been either excited or worried about our children’s growth. Whether it’s to check how tall or how small our offspring are, recording family heights can be a whole lot of fun! Here are five reasons you should start a family Growth Chart today...
Five reasons to record and monitor children’s growth?
- Growth is an important marker of children’s health and development
- Growth is the best measure of nutrition!
- Abnormal growth may show early signs of underlying health or developmental problems
- Reflection nostalgia, those warm and fuzzy feelings reminiscing on how much our loved ones have grown
- And finally, for fun family height comparisons! If you have a record of your own childhood heights it’s very interesting to see how your children or even your grandchildren’s heights compare! Early signs you may be looking upwards when your little one becomes big! 😊
What influences children’s growth?
- Genetics and epigenetics
- Biological (e.g. birth height)
- Health and well being
How to monitor children’s growth?
Using Growth Chart statistics available in percentile charts that can be used as a comparable reference, we have shown one example of these charts below. Developed by the National Center for Health Statistics in collaboration with the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts
- 97th percentile (3 in approximately 100 children are above this line)
- 50th percentile (Half the children at any age are above this line and half are below)
- 3rd percentile (3 in approximately 100 children are below this line)
Simply follow the line up from your child's age and the line across from your child's height to check the percentile.
How to record children’s growth?
Many countries have health systems that record children’s growth at young ages in Personal Health Records, also called Blue Books. We can also record children’s heights ourselves at home on our very own Growth Chart! There are many Growth Chart and Height Chart products available on the market, however over a thousand of our customers share the opinion that the Growscroll Growth Chart is the best! No other Growth Chart available is as personalized, stylish and mobile as the Growscroll. Check out the benefits yourself on our Product Page or have a look at our Youtube demonstration video below.
We hope you have enjoyed this article, best wishes and Happy Growing!
Nathan & Susan